Wrap Python CastXML compilation errors

I’m running into some ITK compilation errors when I try to build ITK with wrapped Python bindings that are I think related to CastXML. I’ve found a few threads referencing somewhat similar errors (e.g. this one), but those seemed to have been resolved with code modifications already committed.

Environment:
Compiler: MSVS Pro 2019, 16.5.1
ITK: git commit b1237c6a7d052c354b234e86b46a413ebf0e3d5c
Python: 3.7.6 via Anaconda, 64-bit

I’ve tried with and without ITKVtkGlue (VTK 8.2 compiled with Python wrapping), but get the same errors. (Am I right that ITK-VTK data transfer won’t work yet via Python?)

The first of the errors I get is copied below, with many similar syntax-like errors in projects with “CastXML” in the name. Does anyone know how to resolve these sorts of errors? I assume there must be some setting or version issue I’m missing.

Thanks,
Brian

------ Build started: Project: ITKCommonCastXML, Configuration: Release x64 ------
Generating ../../itkFixedArray.xml
In file included from C:/Dev/build/itk-git/Wrapping/itkFixedArray.cxx:1:
In file included from C:/Dev/source/itk/itk-git/Modules/Core/Common/include\itkCommand.h:21:
In file included from C:/Dev/source/itk/itk-git/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkObject.h:31:
In file included from C:/Dev/source/itk/itk-git/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkLightObject.h:21:
In file included from C:/Dev/source/itk/itk-git/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkMacro.h:47:
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/include\string:11:
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/include\xstring:14:
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/include\xmemory:15:
In file included from C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/include\xatomic.h:12:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/include\intrin0.h(255,36): error G7F5978A3: constexpr declaration of '__builtin_assume_aligned' follows non-constexpr declaration
__MACHINE(constexpr void * __cdecl __builtin_assume_aligned(const void *, size_t, ...) noexcept)
                               ^
C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Professional/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.25.28610/include\intrin0.h:255:36: note: previous declaration is here

Hi Brian,

There is work in progress to update CastXML to support the compilers that come with Visual Studio 2019 . I will follow-up once we have a PR.

I’ve tried with and without ITKVtkGlue (VTK 8.2 compiled with Python wrapping), but get the same errors. (Am I right that ITK-VTK data transfer won’t work yet via Python?)

The ITK-VTK transfer works via Python with the most recent code in this repository:

Thanks,
Matt

Ah, OK. Thanks so much again, Matt!

Voila:

1 Like