With the COVID19 pandemic, no in person SimpleITK tutorials will be given this year. Instead, we have created an online tutorial using Python Jupyter notebooks with accompanying YouTube videos. This asynchronous learning approach will allow you to master SimpleITK at your own pace. While no instructor is available to immediately answer your questions, you can post them here on the ITK discourse and get answers from the community or from the SimpleITK team.
Tutorial site and setup instructions: https://simpleitk.org/TUTORIAL/
- Introduction: toolkit history, overview and fundamental concepts.
- Foundations: spatial transformations, images and resampling.
- Big Data: efficient inspection of large image collections and data augmentation for deep learning.
- Registration: basic framework and initialization, nonrigid transformations (FFD, Demons) and results
evaluation, example medical imaging application.
- Segmentation: example microscopy application and shape analysis, results evaluation.
- Results visualization: using SimpleITK for visualization, qualitative evaluation, of results.
The tutorial uses the current development version of SimpleITK (Release Candidate 2), so you’ll also get a head start, moving to SimpleITK 2.0 before it’s released.
Ziv (on behalf of the SimpleITK team)