We are pleased to announce SimpleITK 1.2 Release candidate 1.
- New look for ReadTheDocs, along with more examples and documentation. (http://simpleitk.readthedocs.io/en/master/)
- Support for stream reading regions from files. The
ImageFileReaderadds the option to specify a image region to extract while reading from disk. (https://simpleitk.readthedocs.io/en/master/Examples/AdvancedImageReading/Documentation.html)
- Option to specify the ITK
ImageIOused in the
- Multi-resolution BSpline registration by adapting the
BSplineTransformresolution in the
BSplineDecompositionImageFilter, and new
BSplineTransforminitialization from coefficient images.
GetMetricSamplingPercentageto get the number of samples used after each iteration.
- Wrapping of the SLICImageFilter ( http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3596 ).
ImageViewerclass to support state-full parameters while providing the behavior supported by the
- Added support for multi-component images to
SumProjectionImageFilter, and the
- Improvements to the R interface and packaging.
- Fix 4D Image support in the Python
- Added Transform
FlattenTransformmethod, to combine nested composite transforms.
- ITKv5 compatibility enables SimpleITK to be compiled against ITKv5 betas.
- The default and binaries are built against the proven ITK 4.13.1 release branch. Comprehensive SimpleITK testing has lead to improvements in upstream ITK. (https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/releases/tag/v4.13.1)
- Miscellaneous build and documentation fixes.
Python Binary Downloads
- Many binary Python wheels are available for download and testing. It is important to have the latest pip version to ensure correct wheel compatibility. To install the SimpleITK package:
pip install --upgrade pip pip install --pre -f https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/releases/tag/v1.2rc1 SimpleITK