We are pleased to announce the SimpleITK 1.2 Release!
Complete instructions on getting started with SimpleITK including downloading binaries or building SimpleITK can be found on the SimpleITK Read the Docs web page (http://simpleitk.readthedocs.io/en/release/Documentation/docs/source/installation.html).
Python Binary Downloads
- Python binary wheels are available for download. It is important to have the latest version of pip for correct wheel compatibility and installation. To install the latest SimpleITK package form PyPI:
python -m pip install --upgrade pip python -m pip install SimpleITK
- Conda packages are available from Anaconda Cloud on the
SimpleITKchannel. These can be installed with:
conda install -c simpleitk simpleitk
A complete available set of compiled binaries, including select CSharp and Java distributions, along with source and data tar-balls are available on Source Forge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/1.2.0/).
- New look for ReadTheDocs, along with more examples and documentation. (http://simpleitk.readthedocs.io/en/master/)
- Support for stream reading regions from files. The
ImageFileReaderadds the option to specify an image region to extract while reading from disk. (https://simpleitk.readthedocs.io/en/master/Examples/AdvancedImageReading/Documentation.html)
- Option to specify the ITK
ImageIOused in the
- Multi-resolution BSpline registration by adapting the
BSplineTransformresolution in the
BSplineDecompositionImageFilter, and new
BSplineTransforminitialization from coefficient images.
GetMetricSamplingPercentageto get the number of samples used after each iteration.
- Wrapping of the SLICImageFilter ( http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3596 ).
ImageViewerclass to support state-full parameters while providing the behavior supported by the
- Added support for multi-component images to
SumProjectionImageFilter, and the
- Improvements to the R interface and packaging.
- Fix 4D Image support in the Python
- Added Transform
FlattenTransformmethod, to combine nested composite transforms.
- ITKv5 compatibility enables SimpleITK to be compiled against ITKv5 betas.
- The default and binaries are built against the proven ITK 4.13.1 release branch. Comprehensive SimpleITK testing has lead to improvements in upstream ITK. (https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/releases/tag/v4.13.1)
- Miscellaneous build and documentation fixes.