I want to know what would be the best method to enhance the contrast of the CT images. What are the best filters available in ITK? Is there any filter that uses a simple contrast stretching method?
There are several image filtering algorithms in
In particular, you might want to try the histogram equalization filter to enhance your CT images.
This file has been truncated.
* Copyright NumFOCUS
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Here is an example that demonstrates how to use the adaptive histogram equalization filter
Hope this helps,
When I use Histogram Equalization, the image i get is something like this
When a CT image is acquired its contrast is already optimized. You might enhance some features (at the expense of suppressing others), but you can only do this for a specific clinical goal. What is your clinical application? What features you would like to enhance?