I would like to bring to your attention the third “Shape in Medical Imaging (ShapeMI)” workshop, which is to be held in conjunction with the MICCAI 2023 conference.
Workshop on Shape in Medical Imaging
Vancouver, Canada, Oct. 8th, 2023
We gladly announce the workshop for Shape in Medical Imaging (SHAPEMI, https://shapemi.github.io/) to be held in conjunction with the conference on MICCAI – Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions, in Vancouver, Canada, Oct. 8th, 2023. ShapeMI will be happening in a hybrid form this year, with an in person program in the morning and a virtual program in the afternoon.
Aim and Scope
Shape and geometry processing methods are receiving increased attention, notably, in medical imaging.This workshop provide a presentation venue for researchers working in shape and geometrical analysis, such as shape modeling, geometric learning and statistics. This year’s edition also brings a focus on applications. Original contributions as well as well as exciting applications in medical imaging involving shapes are sought in the form of:
- 12-15 page full papers
- 6-11 page short papers
in LNCS style. Accepted papers will be presented at ShapeMI 2023 in the form of posters (during the virtual portion of the workshop) or oral presentations. Every accepted paper can include a live demo.
Targets topics include, but are not limited to:
- Shape Processing and Analysis
- Shape Learning and Classification
- Geometric Learning and Manifold-based Methods
- Statistics of Shapes and Deformations
- Spectral Shape Analysis
- Spectral Clustering and Dimensionality Reduction
- Shape Modeling and Representation
- Shape Segmentation, Registration and Correspondence
- Geometry-constrained Deep Learning and Optimization
- Statistical Shape Modeling
- Synthetic Anatomical Shape Generation
- Generative Shape Models
- Longitudinal Shape Analysis and Processing
- Medical Applications focused on Shape Analysis
- Evaluation / quality assessment of shape models
- Relevant demos of freely available shape analysis software
This years’ keynote speakers include:
- Prof. Miaomiao Zhang, University of Virginia
- Prof. Steve Pizer, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
This workshop will provide an invaluable opportunity for researchers to present recent work on shape analysis in medical imaging. Interactions among fellow researchers will foster a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts and will provide insights on medical imaging applications.
Best Paper Award Sponsored by TBD.
IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)
Deadline for paper submission: ** June 30th, 2023, 23:59 PST **
Notification of Acceptance: July, 2023
MICCAI Early bird registration: August, 2023
SHAPEMI Workshop on: Oct. 8th, 2023
For more information: