Hello, I have a presumably elementary registration task at hand. I am familiar with Python and have just learned the basics of the registration concept from some online resources. I intend to tackle the job using SimpleITK, which I have just started to learn about within the past couple of days. Here is the task description:
For a single patient, I have two sets of MRI “masked” images as follows:
Set # 1:
– Acquired at 3.0 Tesla
– The data set contains six folders named Point 1, Point 2, …, Point 6 each of which containing 32 Dicom images.
– The 3D image in each of the six folders has dimensions of 512x512x32 and voxel sizes of (0.7813 mm x 0.7813 mm, 4 mm)
– For any given folder, for example, Point 1, all 2D-slice images are essentially blank with intensity values of zero everywhere except for one slice (e.g. slice # 26 out of 32) wherein a small anatomical 2D patch with an irregular shape has been drawn with the intensity value of 255 for all the points within the patch. The slice number with the patch is different in other folders. For example, in Point 2, slice # 32 out of 32 has the non-zero-value patch.
Set # 2:
– Acquired at 1.5 Tesla
– The data set contains six folders named Point 1, Point 2, …, Point 6 each of which containing 24 Dicom images.
– The 3D image in each of the six folders has dimensions of 512x512x24 and voxel sizes of (0.7813 mm x 0.7813 mm, 4 mm)
– The Point 1 folder in this set refers to the same anatomical region as that in Set # 1. However, the non-zero-value patch is embedded in a different slice, and the patch appears to be slightly different in shape and location compared to its counterpart in Set # 1; for example, in Point 1 folder in this Set, slice # 11 out of 24 contains the patch.
Now the job is to register 6 patches in Set # 1 to those in Set # 2 and see how patches in two sets align. Being new to the medical image registration and simpleITK, I’d highly appreciate it if the seasoned folks could give me some step by step guidance as to how to tackle this job.