2nd Get Your Brain Together Hackathon
The Get Your Brain Together hackathons bring together neuroimage data
generators, image registration researchers, and neurodata compute
infrastructure providers for a hands-on, collaborative event. This
community collaboration aims to create reproducible, open source resources
that enable discovery of the structure and function of brains.
There are three components to the hackathon. First, the primary goal of each
hackathon is the generation of a Reproducible Resource for registration
and analysis of a specific brain imaging modality. Tutorial sessions share
how to work with open source registration tools, open access datasets, or
neurodata archives. Birds-of-a-Feather (BOF) Breakout sessions enable
participants interested in collaborating to work on relevant topics.
This hackathon will focus on registration of mouse brain lightsheet
volumes to the Common Coordinate Framework version 3.1 (CCFv3.1).
Example ways to participate:
- Contribute a registration pipeline resource to register the challenge datasets.
tutorial about your registration tools. A pre-recorded or live presentation, along with example code and recipes, can teach a data analyst how to run your tool and use the output on the challenge dataset and/or another open dataset.
- Come and learn about registration from experts in the field.
- Dates: Monday, May 22nd - Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Location: The second hackathon will be a hybrid in-person and online event, held:
- At the Allen Institute in Seattle, WA, USA
- On Zoom videoconferencing
- Image.sc Island Gather.Town virtual space, and
- Image.sc Zulip Chat.
If traveling to attend in-person,
- Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
- EVEN Hotel Seattle - South Lake Union, an IHG
- Astra Hotel Seattle
- Pan Pacific Seattle are among nearby hotels.
- Lead organizers / contacts: Matt McCormick (Kitware), Sharmishtaa Seshamani (Allen Institute for Neural Dynamics)
- Registration: Limited seats will be available for in-person attendance. Registration details will be announced in the mailing list below.
- Communication: to receive information about this and future events please join the Hackathon Mailing List
How does it work?
Before the Hackathon
- Register for the event.
- Sign up for the mailing list.
- Optionally prepare a tutorial or organize a Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) Breakout.
During the Hackathon
The week will start at 9 AM Pacific Time, 12 AM Eastern Time, Monday, May 22nd
in an introductory all-hands videoconference. Following the introduction,
participate in the Reproducible Resource Challenge, join the tutorials, and
participate in BoF breakouts. Please bring a laptop. At the end of the day on
Tuesday, participants will delegate one member to present their registration
processing pipelines, results, and discuss lessons learned.
For more information, visit:
Get Your Brain Together Hackathons | Materials related to the Get Your Brain Together Neuroimage Registration Hackathons