SimpleITK-SimpleElastix- can't install different release versions

Hello,

I am trying to download SimpleITK-SImpleElastix 2.0.0rc2.dev910 from SimpleITK-SimpleElastix · PyPI using pip, but the following error appears:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement SimpleITK-SimpleElastix==2.0.0rc2.dev910 (from versions: 2.0.0rc2.dev909)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for SimpleITK-SimpleElastix==2.0.0rc2.dev910

I have realized that the only release version that can be downloaded is the 2.0.0rc2.dev909.
As I need this specific version of the package, how can I access it?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Ezequiel

Hello @edelarosa,

The package you are pointing to is not supported by the core SimpleITK team, it is an external initiative. We currently do not distribute a SimpleITK wheel with SimpleElastix support.

To build one locally, see the building SimpleITK instructions and set the SimpleITK_USE_ELASTIX flag to on. To select a specific version of SimpleITK simply checkout the appropriate tag (support for SimpleElastix was only added in release 2.2.0).

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply @zivy and the valuable suggestion!
Best,
Ezequiel

Hello @zivy ,

I get an error, when I want to install the SimpleITK Version 2.2.0. Do you have a hint for me, how I can install that specific version? I want to use ElastixImageFilter class. This is the error that comes up:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement SimpleITK==2.2.0 (from versions: 1.0.1, 1.2.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1.2, 2.2.1, 2.3.0, 2.3.1)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for SimpleITK==2.2.0

Hello @nkls,

The error message is a bit strange as there is a Python binary distribution for 2.2.0 (assuming you are working in Python).

In any case, SimpleITK binary distributions do not include SimpleElastix which is what you want. You probably also want to use the latest version of SimpleITK and not 2.2.0 (that’s just the first version which contains SimpleElastix).

The solution is to build SimpleITK using it’s SuperBuild configuration on your local machine. You will need to turn on the SimpleITK_USE_ELASTIX and the relevant WRAP_LANGUAGE flags for the programming language you want. Please see the build instructions here.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your quick help!

1 Like