Registering several non-orthogonal slices into volume

Hello,

I am using ITK and SimpleITK in Python. I would like to register multiple slices with known relative orientation into a volume. I found this page with similar topic https://itk.org/pipermail/community/2014-September/007124.html
However I don’t have orthogonal slices and I tried the method of pasting the slices into a volume anyway but the error is high and for the proposition to “modify a similarity metric to accept multiple images” I just didn’t find any ITK documentation or example from which to deduce how to do that…

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to the community Sandra!

Plus has an implementation of merging slices in arbitrary orientations into a volume. It is based on VTK, not ITK, but you could probably use it as a building block since it is open source too.

@lassoan answered the question you linked, and is the maintainer of Plus. He might have additional suggestions for you.

1 Like

Yes, Plus toolkit’s VolumeReconstructor does exactly this. See some details in this answer to a similar question. If you have any specific question about Plus toolkit, submit an issue to its issue tracker.

2 Likes