Python supported Image To Image Metric v4

Hi all,

I know itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4 and itk::MeanSquaresImageToImageMetricv4 have been wrapped to python. How about others (e.g. itk::CorrelationImageToImageMetricv4, itk.DemonsImageToImageMetricv4, itk.JointHistogramMutualInformationImageToImageMetricv4) ? If not, could anyone please to wrap them to python?

Thanks in advance.

Hey friend, I’m not sure who decides which ITK functions/classes are wrapped and why, so it may be faster to try wrapping them yourself - a fairly simple process… Here’s a link to an example metric wrap … Perhaps try copying this code, replacing the metric class in that file with the other metric classes you want to wrap, then rebuilding ITK with the python wrapping.

Yes, as @ncullen93 mentioned, contributions to wrap additional classes are welcome and appreciated.

Please review this patch that adds wrapping for the mentioned classes.

@matt.mccormick so basically you just wrap classes as people request them? I never understood why some classes aren’t wrapped that easily can be - thought it was maybe to keep the package size down?

Also, is there a ETA on the github switch?:slight_smile:

@ncullen93 Contributed patches are the fastest way to get classes wrapped :wink: . Package size is a concern when wrapping classes, but if a class is useful and not wrapped at all, then it should be wrapped.

Progress on the GitHub migration can be tracked here.

Hi Matt,

Just thought I’d let you know that the link doesn’t work. I’m getting a 404 at the moment.

Best regards,
Mads

When I sign out of GitHub, I also get a 404. @matt.mccormick Do some privacy/secrecy settings need to be changed?

@madsdk @dzenanz Thanks for the note. It looks like you need to be a GitHub Organization Member to view its project boards. If you are not a member of the InsightSoftwareConsortium organization and would like to be, please send me your GitHub username.