PatchBased Denoising Filter Failures on ARM64 MacOS

We have an ARM64 Build for MacOS Big Sur up on open.cdash.org and there has been a consistent 4 failures for a few weeks. Patch Based Denoising fails. The build bot is called “silicon.bluequartz.net” and is under the experimental section. Our own project depends on this filter working correctly. Would there be time to before 5.2 is released to look into the failures on this architecture?

I’m not familiar enough with the output of the tests to try and figure out what the actual failure mechanism is. But I’m willing to learn.

Thanks
Mike Jackson

2 Likes

To help out I setup a continuous build that should start up tomorrow morning @3AM EST.

2 Likes

It looks like the test is running and passing, and yet you’re getting a fail/error when it exits. When I run the test on my Intel Mac it produces the same output, but the test passes. I don’t know the code well enough to know what’s going on.

Image regression fails. Near the top of the test details page, DifferenceImage is non-zero: 202 pixels are different.

What happens if you disable parallelism, by e.g. running export ITK_GLOBAL_DEFAULT_NUMBER_OF_THREADS=1 before running the tests?

1 Like