Ouput deformation fields in DICOM format

Hello,

Does anyone have experience writing the deformation vector fields to DICOM, i.e. following the C.20.3 Deformable Spatial Registration Module? Does functionality exist within ITK to do this?

Thank you,

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

Welcome to the ITK community! :sunny:

You may be interested in this module:

https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKIOTransformDCMTK

which currently only supports non-deformable transformations; it could be a starting point for deformable transformations, though.

Cheers,
Matt

1 Like

You can import/export deformable DICOM SRO using 3D Slicer and its SlicerRT extension. Since in 3D Slicer you can save/load any ITK transforms, you can convert any ITK transforms to/from DICOM SRO.

You can access these features using either GUI or Python scripting. You can also take the source code from SlicerRT and put it into ITK to make its transform IO support deformable DICOM SRO as well.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have 3D slicer of version 4.5. I cannot upgrade to latest version anytime sooner due to certain constraints. I just wanted to know if it is possible to load DICOM SRO into the slicer and access the name of the loaded registration transformation through python scripting.

Also is there a way to convert this dicom file into .h5 or .nrrd format using plastimatch ? I am really new in using slicer and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aish

Slicer 4.5 is over 5 years old, so it is not very likely that there are any volunteers to help you with it, but you may get help by paid support from one of Slicer commercial partners.