ninja build for simpleitk is stuck

Hi All,
SimpleITK build.ninja for VM docker container linux is stuck after downloading external data SHA512/…stuck at [898/3100]building CXX Object code/BasicFilters/src/CMakeFiles/SimpleITK_ITKImageGrid.dir/sitkTileImageFilter.cxx.o this is step [898/3100], stuck in this for couple of hours may be 4 hours. I checked the cpu activity in task manager, and it is high and I have 4 cores in this laptop with 6GB RAM and 2.5GHZ speed and 50GB HD is left. I am not sure what to do but I don’t think this has anything to do with docker image may be ninja build tool problem or bug. it has copied a lot of lib and header files before this External data downloading and building this tile image filter.cxx.o I think I have some libraries which are installed already prior to this and PCR… BUILD/INSTALL?
any idea what to do or ninja build has a bug? I saw some questions about this on the internet. by the way I used mat maccormicks Dockerfile to install Ubuntu base for this docker image. I am building a docker image to run a container off of it to do some programming inside the container and hopefully do some work with it.
My INTERNET IS CONNECTED!
EXTERNAL DATA IS COMMING FROM EVEN AMAZON AND OTHER SITES. MAY BE EXTERNAL DATA STUCK IF I EXIT THIS WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE BUILD, MY DOCKER IMAGE IS THERE, BUT INSTALLATION IS SCRWED UP.

I HAVE ENOUGH HARD DISK TO CONTAIN THE DOCKER IMAGE, NOT SURE IF THERE IS ANY LIMITATION ON DOCKER IMAGE SIZE? I READ 5-10 GB AND I DONT THINK SIMPLEITK AND EXTERNAL DATA IS MORE THAN THAT? IS IT?

ANY HELP IS GOOD.

any help appreciated.

p.s.: following is the mats’ docker file code snippet I used to install ninja build tools chain.

FROM ubuntu:16.04 as itksoftwareguide-base
MAINTAINER Matt McCormick matt.mccormick@kitware.com

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y
apt-utils
build-essential
ccache
curl
git
ninja-build
python
vim
&& apt-get clean

don’t know if that is the right version?!

Thanks
sag

A post was merged into an existing topic: make …/SimpleITK/SuperBuild inside ubuntu container error