install issues

I installed itk on a new computer ,and system is win10.

question:
CMake Error at CMakeLists. TXT :28 (project):
Failed to run MSBuild command:
C: / Program Files (x86)/MSBuild / 14.0 / bin/MSBuild. Exe
To get the value of VCTargetsPath:
Microsoft ® build engine version 14.0.25420.1
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Generate startup time for 2018/11/15 20:08:04.
Item “D: itk\itk-bin\ makefiles \3.12.2\VCTargetsPath. Vcxproj” on node 1 (default target).
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\ platform x64\PlatformToolsets\ V140\ Toolset. Targets (36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install The required version of Windows SDK or change The SDK version in The project property pages or by right - clicking The solution and selecting "Retarget Solution ". [D: \ itk \ itk - bin \ CMakeFiles \ 3.12.2 \ VCTargetsPath vcxproj]
Completed the operation of the generated project “D:\itk\itk-bin\ makefiles \3.12.2\VCTargetsPath. Vcxproj” (default target) - failure.
Failed generation.
“D: itk\itk-bin\ makefiles \3.12.2\VCTargetsPath. Vcxproj” (default target) (1) ->
(Desktop_PlatformPrepareForBuild target) ->
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\ platform x64\PlatformToolsets\ V140\ Toolset. Targets (36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install The required version of Windows SDK or change The SDK version in The project property pages or by right - clicking The solution and selecting "Retarget Solution ". [D: \ itk \ itk - bin \ CMakeFiles \ 3.12.2 \ VCTargetsPath vcxproj]
0 a warning
One mistake
Time taken 00:00.38
The Exit code: 1.

Any ideas on what to do?
Thank you in advance。

I successfully installed it on another win10 computer. But this time I don’t know what went wrong.

The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Try repairing your installation of Visual Studio. Or install WindowsSDK 8.1 component.

1 Like

I tried to repair vs, but it didn’t work.Thanks for your reply