include could not find requested file: ITKModuleExternal

Hi,
I’m working on ITK and I’m trying to built a remote module ‘ITKmontage’. While I’m trying to CMake the ITKmontage it’s showing error.

Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.19041.0 to target Windows 10.0.19045.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:33 (include):
include could not find requested file:

ITKModuleExternal

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:39 (itk_module_examples):
Unknown CMake command “itk_module_examples”.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I’m currently using ITK 4.13. While Cmake is being processed it showing ITK DIR as my ITK Install Tree.

You need an older version of ITKMontage if you want to build it against ITK 4.

Thanks for the response Dženan,
But I have tried it in almost every version from the first testing release to the latest version I’m still getting that same error that I mentioned earlier. I have used the below link for downloading ITKmontage.

ITK 4.13.0 was released on Feb 11, 2018. The first tag of ITKMontage was v0.1 from Dec 21, 2018. Did you try that one? If it doesn’t work, try an even earlier one.

1 Like

Also, worth trying is the latest in ITK 4.13 series: tag v4.13.3 and branch release-4.13.

1 Like

I’m currently doing a project using VTK and ITK. I built VTK using Visual Studio 2017, and yesterday I built ITK 5.0 using the same. While I Cmake the file I saw module Montage I checked that in the Cmake GUI but it didn’t generate the ITKmontage.h file (Other montage files are successfully generated). Is that only available in the latest version? Also, can you please provide an example code for how to stitch a series of sagittal slices together to get a panoramic image?

If you have “sagittal slices”, you probably don’t need ITKMontage. If you still want it, just turn on Module_Montage in ITK5’s CMake configuration.