Fatal errors C1083 and LNK1181 when using RTK module

I’m unsure if this is an ITK or RTK forum question so I’ve posted it to both.
I’m attempting to build ITK with the RTK module selected. I am attempting this on Windows, with RTK 2.1.0 and ITK 5.1.0. I was able to successfully build ITK without the RTK module. I was also able to successfully build RTK as an external library.
When I attempt to build ITK with the RTK module selected with either Release x64 or Build x64, I am met with these errors:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘gdcmImageReader.h’ : No such file or directory
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘gdcmAttribute.h’ : No such file or directory
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘gdcmDataSet.h’ : No such file or directory
LINK: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file: ‘…/…/…/…/lib/Release/itkRTK-5.1.lib’

ITK 5.1.0 has not been published yet. Are you using master or one of the recent release candidates? Which git SHA does your version have? Did you change any options during configure step (aside from enabling RTK module)?

@simon.rit might be able to help.

My apologies, that was a typo. I am using ITK 5.0.1, which I git cloned from the master on GitHub.
Negative, the only option I changed was to enable the RTK module.

Can you try the latest version of RTK? Set Module_RTK_GIT_TAG to df4a9c80a79ebba05eba98b3d96d57ad66fcf650. If that doesn’t help, try using ITK 5.1 RC3 (and delete Module_RTK_GIT_TAG).

2 Likes

I gave an answer on the RTK mailing list: this has been fixed yesterday, it’s a recent change from ITK impacting RTK:

Can you confirm that this fixed your problem?

Unfortunately I cannot. I deleted and recloned ITK this morning and still received the same LNK error. I am trying out dzenanz’s suggestion right now

ITK with RTK built successfully with Dzenanz’s suggestion. Thank you both

2 Likes