error building v5.1.1 for Mac Big Sur 11.2.3

Hi Guys,

I am getting this error when trying to build (I used the option Module_ITKVtkGlue=ON) and make v5.1.1 for Mac Big Sur 11.2.3.

[ 40%] Building CXX object Modules/Core/Common/src/CMakeFiles/ITKCommon.dir/itkFloatingPointExceptions.cxx.o

In file included from
ITK/Modules/Core/Common/src/itkFloatingPointExceptions.cxx:127:

ITK/Modules/Core/Common/src/itkFloatingPointExceptions_unix.cxx:140:3: error: use of undeclared identifier 'itk_feenableexcept’

itk_feenableexcept(FE_DIVBYZERO);

Any idea how to get around that?

Thanks

1 Like

Use the latest pre-release (5.2RC3) or master, where that problem has been fixed.

1 Like

Thanks! yes the master did build without issue.

2 Likes

There is also an Apple Silicon nightly build on open.cdash.org. Just look for “silicon.bluequartz.net”. Currently there are 4 failing tests.

1 Like

@dzenanz , @imikejackson - any chance you know which commit fixed this particular issue? I am hoping to see if I can patch it myself to 5.1.2.

I don’t remember any more, going through the PRs is the way to find it, I think. Maybe @seanm contributed the fix?

I don’t remember either. I also probably didn’t compile the VtkGlue module (unless it was a default). There were some other issues that came up with BigSur on Silicon during compilation and I would just move up to ITK 5.2 if you at all can.

My guess is that itk_feenableexcept is only getting defined with the CPU type is x86. You would have to trace back through the #defines to figure out when that happens and why it is failing, then look over the MRs for ITK.

Thanks for the replies!
(Will attempt 5.2)