Double Conversion Error

Hi! I’m trying to build and run my ITK from source on Ubuntu 20.04. I pulled from the repo, used cmake to configure and generate it, then ran the example/installation hello world example with a separate build folder under /bin. It gave me the following output and error:

– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /home/haochenz/ITK/Examples/Installation/bin
Scanning dependencies of target HelloWorld
[ 50%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/HelloWorld.dir/HelloWorld.cxx.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target ‘/home/haochenz/ITK-build/lib/libitkdouble-conversion-5.3.a’, needed by ‘HelloWorld’. Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:76: CMakeFiles/HelloWorld.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:84: all] Error 2

It seems that it need double-conversion. This error have not occurred previously when I was on Windows. I tried to turn on the ITK_USE_SYSTEM_DOUBLECONVERSIO option in cmake and it generated more errors regarding the doubleconversion. I looked into the past discussion and github issues, don’t think they are particularly helpful in my case. I’m not sure what to do rn, any help would be great!

Which version of ITK are you using? Try master or v5.3rc3.

I’m sure I’m currently on Master

I haven’t built on Linux for a few weeks now, but I do have 20.04. Could you provide repro steps, such as exact configure command? I do see you have examples enabled.

MyB I found out a very dumb error. I directly included the ITK build folder pth in cmake configuration without making in the build directory first. That must be it

1 Like