DICOMSeriesImageReadWrite2.cxx view nrrd file online or MFC or frontend javascript or html5

Hi,

I used the DicomSeriesImageReadWrite2.cxx to read a Dicom series of 207 dicom files. It seems working now but I created a huge nrrd file which takes forever to view with UCLA online Brian viewer, any idea if there is another way to view this nrrd file online?

regards,
sag

Hi sag,

Try

• itk-vtk-viewer – note that this support NRRD files, but also reading DICOM series directly. To read a NRRD file, click on the page or press enter, then select the NRRD files. To read a DICOM series, select all the files in the series.
  • ParaView Glance

Hope this helps,
Matt

Hi matt,

I certainly did , I appreciate it!

Question:

1. I have DICOM Series one for PET and another one for CT ----> PT+CT, I would like to register each slice of each series I assume easiest would be to register one PET DICOM slice with one CT DICOM slice and then save THE REGISTERED SLICE AS DICOM AND I WOULD HAVE A REGISTERED DICOM SERIES, WOULD THIS DICOM SERIES WORK IN PARAVIEW TO VISUALIZE?

Regards,
sag

Glad to hear, sag :-).

Registration will work best with the entire volume. Saving as a NRRD file works well for visualization.

Hi @matt,

Thank you so much for the guidance!

Regards,
sag

1 Like