C1083: cannot open include file: 'vnl/vnl_vector_ref.h': No such file or directory

Hi,
I’m attempting to add a class that builds correctly on its own to a project that was originally built not using cmake. I should say it was working for quite a while, but at some point stopped working without a valid explanation, and I have attempted to restore the project to working condition thorough source control to no avail. I have added all the include directories to make the intellisense errors disapper in VS, but when I compile I get around a hundred identical errors on itkVector.h (which I assume is a dependent class because it’s not specifically included in my project anywhere). I have included the directory that contains vnl_vector_ref.h in the preferences for this project, however VS still cannot find it. In addition, I get an error that says is not supported when compiling with /clr or /clr:pure. Any suggested course of action would be helpful.

Hi @aharris,

The best way to get to a working and maintainable solution is to convert the project to CMake.

I would recommend first reading through and executing the Configuring and Building ITK section of the ITK Software Guide, then checking the CMake documentation for more information.

Hope this helps,
Matt

I actually fixed this, so if anyone else is attempting to do something similar, it has to do with the path: I was including the directory vnl_vector_ref.h was contained in, but what I needed to do was include the directory that contained the directory path vnl/vnl_vector_ref.h

Hope that helps someone.

1 Like