Build error with SimpleFastMutexLock

(Melrobin) #1

In trying to build I get this error in generating one particular XML file:
[ 33%] Generating …/…/itkVnlForwardFFTImageFilter.xml
/home/melrobin/packages/ITK/build/Wrapping/itkFFTWGlobalConfiguration.cxx:38:18: error:
no type named ‘SimpleFastMutexLock’ in namespace ‘itk’
typedef itk::SimpleFastMutexLock itkSimpleFastMutexLock;
~~~~~^
1 error generated.

Any ideas on what to do?

(Dženan Zukić) #2

There was a recent patch which deprecated itk::SimpleFastMutexLock and some other classes. I guess that this needs to be handled in Python wrappings too. I will look into it. Thanks for reporting!

(Dženan Zukić) #3

It looks like there was a leftover wrapping for SimpleFastMutexLock. Let’s see if this fixes it. Can you also try this fix locally @melrobin?

(Melrobin) #4

It may have fixed this, but I’m not sure because some other stuff is broken:
/home/melrobin/packages/ITK/build/Wrapping/itkLabelSetMorphBaseImageFilter.cxx:26:78: error:
template argument for non-type template parameter must be an expression
…itk::Image< signed short,2 >, itk::Image< signed short,2 > > itkLabelSet…
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/melrobin/packages/ITK/Modules/Remote/LabelErodeDilate/include/itkLabelSetMorphBaseImageFilter.h:45:38: note:
template parameter is declared here
template< typename TInputImage, bool doDilate,
^
/home/melrobin/packages/ITK/build/Wrapping/itkLabelSetMorphBaseImageFilter.cxx:27:78: error:
template argument for non-type template parameter must be an expression
…itk::Image< signed short,2 >, itk::Image< signed short,2 > >::Pointer it…
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/melrobin/packages/ITK/Modules/Remote/LabelErodeDilate/include/itkLabelSetMorphBaseImageFilter.h:45:38: note:
template parameter is declared here
template< typename TInputImage, bool doDilate,

I’m not sure if this is the same problem though.

(Dženan Zukić) #5

That is certainly not the same problem. That is related to LabelErodeDilate remote module. Do you need that module? If not, you could just disable it (set Module_LabelErodeDilate to OFF) in CMake configure step.

(Melrobin) #6

OK, I disabled and am rebuilding.

(Melrobin) #7

Still building, but I would say that the fix worked.

(Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño) #8

The wrapping of the classes is probably not accurate.

I cannot open an issue on the repository, would it would be nice if anybody who has the rights did it.

(Melrobin) #9

The build completed and the fix did work. I do not believe that I as a regular user can open one up.

(Dženan Zukić) #10

I enabled issues on that repository. I hesitated to do so earlier, because it is a fork of @richard.beare’s repo.

(Pablo Hernandez-Cerdan) #11

I would recommend to delete the wrapping of the base class: itkLabelSetMorphBaseImageFilter. Opened issue: https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/LabelErodeDilate/issues/12

(Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño) #12

The wrapping issue has been fixed :rocket: :fireworks: :tada: in https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/LabelErodeDilate master.

Thanks both @phcerdan and @matt.mccormick.