Compilers that do not support bool are not supported

Sorry, i can only guess, may be i am wrong, From logs i saw issues happen with C++, C seems to work.
May be this is applicable:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/254351/visual-studio-build-tools-2017-1571-missing-visual.html

one more link (may be related, may be not, oh)

1 Like

With a fresh install of Win10, ITK 4.13.1 and VS 2017.8.3 I can configure ITK normally.

As @mihail.isakov suggested, make sure that the Visual Studio install includes

• MSBuild
  • Visual Studio C++ Support
  • The Windows SDK

I have these installed:

Only a small fraction of that is needed. This is what I have.

Iā€™m still having trouble compiling, so I just installed everything to check if there wasnā€™t something I was missing outā€¦ Still no joy

Do you have Desktop development with C++? That is kind of the main thing and I donā€™t see it on your list. Visual Studio C++ core features is probably it, but it will not hurt if you select Desktop as well.

1 Like

This time around I didnā€™t install the desktop tools (IDE, etc), Iā€™m just using the command line / build toolchain.

Iā€™ve managed to almost build ITK using MinGW64. Unfortunately, libTIFF will not compile otherwise everything else compiles successfully. Thereā€™s definitely something weird going on with VS, although no combination of installed tools seems to be helping at all. Iā€™ve even tried using different versions of the toolchain specified with vcvarsall but still with no success :frowning:

Sorry this build has been so difficult, @Tom_Hampshire. Your persistence is impressive! :persevere:

There is something odd going on; if we let it rest and come back later, maybe it will reveal itself.

In the meantime, we can fix up the MinGW64 build and run with it.

I started a local buildā€¦

1 Like

Here is a patch for the libtiff build issue.

1 Like

I think we encountered this error when trying to compile on windows with Rā€™s mingw toolchain.

Please consider applying this to the 4.13 legacy branch as well.

This patch is now available in both ITK master and release-4.13 branches.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help. Iā€™ve got everything compiled and running successfully!!

1 Like